Friday, June 15, 2012

Flashback

A very close friend of  Sister Nordstrom's, died Wednesday night. Everytime someone I know and love so much goes through the experience of losing someone they loved so much, always makes me think of my brother and my experience of finding out about him dying. My companion first words were "Its not real" over and over. Which was what I said over and over. And 9 months later, sometimes I still feel its not real. That my brother is still alive. I want to say something to comfort Sister Nordstrom, but I know that in the moment its just so hard to even comprehend. I remember people telling me over and over that it will be okay and everything will be fine. In the moment though I didn't want to hear it. I didn't want to believe it was true. I am grateful though for the Spirit of the Lord and helping me through it all. In the process of it all though we can know that God is in it all and from these experience we can really learn and grow. I miss my brother a lot, but I can say that I know I will see him again and that through him dying I have grown so much spiritually. I feel him in my life, he is there by my side. 

I know that Jesus Christ lives and has made it possible for us to all live again! That this life isn't the end. I know families are for eternity!

I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. -
John 14:18

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Give our love to Sister Nordstrom ok?