Monday, January 9, 2012

4 month- Trusting in the Lord

Today my email from my mom was things my brother wrote in his journal when he was in 3rd grade. When he was in 3rd grade, I wasn't even born yet. It was cool to be able to read things he has written about the other siblings.  So yeah today is 4 months since my brother has passed away and I miss him a lot. In the last 10 months of my life I have experienced quite a bit of change. I don't really like change, especially drastic change. I struggle with change quite a bit, but I am slowly learning to except it as it comes. My first instinct is to fight it, exactly what I did when I first found out about my brother dying. I didn't want to admit it. Obviously I did admit it and I am dealing with it. I am learning that as I don't fight the change and I just trust in God things are a lot easier, not easy, but easier!                                   

Proverbs 3:5-6
5Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own  understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

I love this scripture and just at this moment I decided I am using this scripture as my motto for awhile. There are so many things I don't understand but I do know that God is aware and that he will guide me and help me through everything. I know that as I turn to Him and trust Him I will be able to get through anything. Right now I miss my brother so much but I am grateful for the rest of my family and how close this has brought us all together! I am grateful to know I will be able to see my brother again. Really I just have to stay strong, even though it hard. Jesus Christ knows exactly how I am feeling and he will comfort me if I turn to him. Its our choice to let Christ help us or not help us. I know for me I am stubborn and I always want to just deal with it myself and not ask for help, but when I don't ask for help things are a lot harder for me. So here goes to putting in a conscious effort into trusting in the LORD!!

1 comment:

Joshua Hardy said...

That is an amazing scripture, it happens to be my favorite. Though we can't see it, the Lord does have a plan laid out, and if we just trust in him we will find a happiness that can be found nowhere else.