Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Expressing myself through writing

So about 6 years ago I was just about to sit down on a Sunday evening to watch TV with my mom and dad and I received a phone call from my sister that was out of state. She told me to leave the room where I wasn't around anyone and then told me that our good friend, Joe, died. This was the first time I ever experienced someone I was close to dying. I didn't know how to grieve and I guess for awhile I was in denial about him dying. But once the reality of his death hit and because I didn't know how to handle it, I blamed God for letting it happen. I went off the path of righteousness and I felt very alone and felt like I was in a very dark place. Before this happened I loved writing, but after it happened I stopped.

I went years without writing my true feelings about things. I just realized though that this blog is all about me expressing how I feel and how I am getting through my brother dying.  I am writing again and its helping me grieve. I really hope my blog is helping someone out there, because I know losing someone that is close to you isn't easy, but I do know that we can be healed and made whole again. Because of Jesus Christ we can make it through losing someone, or anything we go through!

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."-Philippians 4:13

My mom and dad tell me that I am really good at expressing myself through writing. That is good because most time I don't feel like I am very good at expressing my feelings when I speak. I love my brother. I always looked up to him. He didn't always make the best decisions, but he did learn from his mistakes even if his actions didn't show that he did. He was always very honest with me. Things that our parents taught us from a very young age, that when he turned 18 he didn't have to listen to, so he thought at the time, but when I was turning 18 he gave me some advice. He told me that its my choice what religion I want in my life and he told me that the things that mom and dad taught us such as the word of wisdom, law of chastity, and other commandments were good things. That they taught them to us to protect us, not to limit our fun. He told me that if he could of changed one thing about the choices he made, he wished he would of followed the things our parents taught us! My brother had faith in Jesus Christ, and so do I! I know Jesus Christ is my savior and I know He lives! I know that he was resureected and has made it possible for all of us to live again. Jesus Christ has made it possible for us to live with Him and God and our families for eternity! The biggest thing that gets me through each day is knowing that my family is sealed for eternity and I will see my brother again!


No comments: