Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Happy Birthday Mom

Well, today is 8 months since my brother has passed away. And I didn't want to let that get me down, so I asked for a priesthood blessing of comfort. Which was awesome. The spirit was very strong and I am so grateful for worthy priesthood holders that are in my life. One of the hardest thing for me is when I focus on the big events in my life that my brother won't be there physically. Well the thing that stood out the most was when my blessing said that my brother will be there at all of those events. I am so grateful for priesthood blessings and the comfort it brings to me and the strength they give me to go on and serve the Lord. Well today is also my mom's birthday, so I don't want to focus so much on the lost of my brother, but on my mom. I want to focus on the things my mom have taught me.

"..they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them." -Alma 56:47

My mom has been a great example to me. By her example I have learned to be steadfast in my faith even during hard times. The day I left Alaska on my mission, my mom gave me an article and at the end she wrote down her testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. She expressed her love to me and told me how proud she was of me. Every time I have had a hard time, my mom has always been there to listen to me and give me encouraging words. I know that as I have faith and do the right thing as my mom has taught me, all things will work out. I love my mom very much and I am so grateful for her! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your mom has an awesome birthday. I bet she cant wait to see you again. That is an awesome picture of you and her. You are such an amazing missionary/ person. You really are a light and example to everyone around you, even when you dont feel that way. Keep your head up....... ;)

Unknown said...

Your brother will definitely share in those special moments in your life. I can't tell you how many times I've felt my daughter with me--her presence is so strong. While we miss their physical presence, we can find great comfort in knowing we'll be with them again. That's what keeps me going some days.