Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Hope

Yesterday I had the opportunity to talk to another sister missionary that very recently lost her younger brother. As I talked to her I came to a realization. We both find it hard dealing with the fact that our brothers have passed away. Most people I find that have lost a family member have a hard time with it. There is a difference between my friend and I and a lot of other people. Let me try to explain. I have moments that are hard and I become sad. Most of the time though I do pretty well because of the knowledge I have. I know I will see my brother again. I know what happens after we die. I know that God has a plan for us.  I have the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life and because I live the Gospel of Jesus Christ I have found happiness amongst the hard times. I have hope because I know through Jesus Christ I will be able to see my brother again. Now I have found a lot of people that don't have the hope I do and that is why I am serving a full-time mission so that I can spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ with all. So that everyone can find the happiness and joy I have.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

.....and your doing an amazing job at it. Not only are you helping others by spreading The Gospel, but your being a great example to a lot of people. Knowing some of the things you have gone through and watching you strive on serving your Heavenly Father and others with love is beautiful. You live your testimony by what you do, and I love that. Thanks for helping me with my faith and testimony with all that you do.

Anonymous said...

I want you to know that you are dong a great job and doing great things for the lord. You know who I am and I want to thank you for all that you have done for my family. You have turned our life's around and made it so we live happier lives. Keep on doing what you are dong and always look forward and never turn around and look at the past cause all that will make you do is want to turn around and go back to it because of the "fun times." We love you and always keep that in your mind that someone out there, even in your worst times, cares what you are doing and is there for you.