Saturday, May 26, 2012

Things happen according to God's will

Why are our loved ones taken off this earth leaving behind so many to feel such sorrow from it? When my brother died, he was 31 years old, he still had many years to live. I still have many years to live and many events, such as getting married, having children, and many other big events that I felt like he should be there for physically. I thought it unfair that God would take away my brother at a young age, when there was so many more things he needed to be here for. For awhile I let these feelings build up and it just caused me to be more angry. After time I realized that I needed to change something and I did. I expressed my sadness, angry and all my feelings to God. I let Jesus Christ heal me from the death of my brother.
Recently I have heard so many express feelings of losing a loved one and the unfairness of it. The not understanding why is hard, but something that I have learned is that no one is taken off this earth before there time.

In the Book of Mormon Chapter 14 Alma and Amulek had to watch many people that believed in the word of God be burned to death. Amulek wanted to save them and He asked Alma if they could save them?
Alma 14:11-13
11 But Alma said unto him: The Spirit constraineth me that I must not stretch forth mine hand; for behold the Lord receiveth them up unto himself, in glory; and he doth suffer that they may do this thing, or that the people may do this thing unto them, according to the hardness of their hearts, that the judgments which he shall exercise upon them in his wrath may be just; and the blood of the innocent shall stand as a witness against them, yea, and cry mightily against them at the last day.
 12 Now Amulek said unto Alma: Behold, perhaps they will burn us also.
 13 And Alma said: Be it according to the will of the Lord. But, behold, our work is not finished; therefore they burn us not.


After reading this chapter the spirit confirmed to me that no one is taken off this earth before their time, its only God's will when someone dies and return back to Him. God is in control and if it wasn't the time for my brother to go, he would still be here. When it gets hard and I miss my brother, I just remember that things happen according to God's will. I know that when bad things happen it hard not to be mad, but I know as we express our feelings to our Heavenly Father we will feel the love He has for us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is really beautiful and amazing. I lost my grandma when I was little and me and my family felt some of the same things. I didnt understand, she was so active in church and had such a huge testimony. I always asked why she left and why she left the way she did. Unfortunately, some of my family let it turn into anger and it continues to devastate their lives. I love my grandma and my sister, I am too small to understand God's ways and why they had to leave. But I know that I have them for eternity and someday everything will make sense. Thank you for this post. I'm happy to know that their missions here were complete, and I like to think about the work Heavenly Father had in store for them when they went home. Guaranteed some of that work was carrying me through trials and being there for me in ways that others couldnt. I never saw them, but I know they have been there with me at times. Youre an awesome missionary!