Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Memories of Frank at Christmas time

My first Christmas that my Brother Frank will not be around to celebrate!
I just wanted to talk about how much I love my brother Frank and how grateful I am for the memories I have of him when we were kids celebrating Christmas. When we were all younger my mom had us make gifts instead of buying them since none of us really had our own money. So there were many different things made and given for Christmas. Some of the things I remember so vividly is the things my brother did for me. I remember one year he made tied-dyed shirts for all of us. I remember us putting them on and all matching and just loving it so much.
Me being the youngest of the 8 kids, I always thought my older siblings were so cool, especially my older brother Frank. During this time his bedroom was upstairs and I always wanted to hang out with him but because I was his annoy little sister he never really ever let me. But this year at Christmas he made coupons for me. These coupons entitled me to come into his bedroom and hang out with him for like 15 minutes at a time. It may seem so simple and silly but to me it meant so much to me. He gave me the gift of time and now I cherish those moments spent with him, just hanging out in his bedroom basically doing whatever he was doing. I am so grateful for my brother and he thoughtful gifts.


1 comment:

JamieJasper said...

I am so happy you have such great memories. I really miss Frank too and sometimes it doesn't seem like its going to get better.. I miss you, be safe