Thursday, December 29, 2011

To remember Frank

My brother Frank was a glazier. Glazier: glass cutter, someone who cuts flat glass to size. I recall so many time as we drove around Anchorage, Alaska he would be like I worked on that building. He loved his job and loved talking about it. I remember his smile as he talked about the projects he worked on. I enjoyed listening to it and seeing the happiness that come from his accomplishments.   
The reason I explained this is because my wonderful mom gave me a necklace with a glass heart that was made in Alaska, and wrote the words "to remember Frank". Its not that I need something to help me remember him, but the glass heart represents him, his profession, a glass cutter. Its a small reminder that Frank is here with me and even though right now is hard and I miss him a lot, that I will see him again!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the special meaning behind the necklace. Plus it's pretty and it's nice to have a little physcial reminder.
<3