Wednesday, November 23, 2011

In A Letter Home

Here is a song on the CD The Work--By The Nashville Tribute Band called In a letter home. The first few times I ever heard this song it brought tears to my eyes. I almost think of these words being said my brother. Back in June I wrote a letter to my brother one morning while I was doing my scripture studies. I was definately promted by the spirit to write the letter I did. The letter was straight to the point but filled with love. I just recited some scriptures to him and I told him a story about a family and how the Atonement of Jesus Christ had helped them in their lives. I bore my testimony of the things that I knew to be true. I ended the letter with a simply statement of saying that I loved him and I just wanted him to be in the Celestial Kingdom with me and the rest of our family for eternity! Of course a few months later my dad told me that my brother died, but right afterwards said to me how grateful he was that I wrote this letter to him. My dad told me that the whole weekend before he passed away he talked a lot about the letter I sent him. My brother never responded back to the letter, but from what my dad said I know it had an inpact on him. I am grateful that I followed the spirit and wrote him the letter. I am also grateful fotr this song because I believe a lot of the words are what he would of said to me if he had written me back.

In A Letter Home

You've always known how much I look up to you
And you were happy to lead the way
Somehow you found the faith to put that tag on
But I was never sure I could catch that plane

I've Made mistakes you know that left me broken
And I've scarred the hearts of mom and dad
But this prodigal son is doing things I've never done
As I pray for mercy with all I have
Down on my knees I'm finding answers
How could I have known?

In a letter home you'd save me
How did you know that I just wasn't right?
You gave me words to break free
From thousands of miles you saved my life
In a letter home

I close my eyes tonight and try hard to picture
What life is like for you out there
And I'm finding courage in your faith in me
And you need to know I feel your prayers
Over and over I read your words as they soften this heart of stone

Repeat Chorus

That love's the thing that always mattered most
That Jesus really died to save me, oh
Two years in a foreign land
How'd you know that you would find the most desperate man
In a letter home

Repeat Chorus
  

-Thank you Nashville Tribute Band for this song!-

No comments: