Tuesday, April 17, 2012

God is in all


"If the body’s capacity for normal function, defense, repair, regulation, and regeneration were to prevail without limit, life here would continue in perpetuity. Yes, we would be stranded here on earth! Mercifully for us, our Creator provided for aging and other processes that would ultimately result in our physical death. Death, like birth, is part of life. Scripture teaches that “it was not expedient that man should be reclaimed from this temporal death, for that would destroy the great plan of happiness.”20 To return to God through the gateway we call death is a joy for those who love Him and are prepared to meet Him.21 Eventually the time will come when each “spirit and … body shall be reunited again in … perfect form; both limb and joint shall be restored to its proper frame,”22 never to be separated again. For these physical gifts, thanks be to God!" - RUSSELL M. NELSON 

The words that stand out to me are "death is a joy." I don't always feel like my brother dying is a joy, but at the times that I am trusting in God, leaning on my Savior, I am comforted by the Holy Ghost to know that my brother is in a much better place. I know I will see my brother again. I can testify that death can be a joy, it all just depends on how we look at it. I know that as we learn of Heavenly Father's plan we can all experience and know the joy that comes from death.

No comments: