Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Learning to trust in God by recognizing His love

Today is two months since my brother has passed away. Everyday is a battle to decide to either be angry about it or to turn to God and trust Him.

Proverbs 3:5-6 reads:
aTrust in the Lord with all thine bheart; and lean not unto thine cown dunderstanding.
 In all thy ways aacknowledge him, and he shall bdirect thy cpaths.

Here are some experiences that has helped me trust God.
When I first found out about my brother I was at this families house that they immediately hugged me and helped me feel the Saviors love for me. They took care of me and listen to me as I talked about how it made me feel. I am so grateful for them and their support!

There was another family that had also recently gone through a losing someone very close to them. I was far away from my family but this family made me feel like I was part of theirs. They showed me so much love and gave me so much support. They taught me how I could still find joy and comfort during this time. They are such an amazing family and there is no doubt in my mind that God put us in each other lives during this time. God loves us and is aware of what we need to help us!

Also at this time I had an amazing friend. We were with each other 24/7 during this time. She was really sick and so was I when I found out about my brother. Even though as sick as she was she continued to do as much as she possibly could to support me. She continued to serve me and love me even during her own trials. She taught me the importance of service, of charity. That when we are going through hard times instead of feeling sorry for our self we can serve others and feel so much joy from that.

Another experience is recently I met this guy that his sister died the same way my brother did. Is this a coincidence? No, not at all. I know that we crossed paths because Heavenly Father has His hand's in everything. I know that I am in his life to help him have a closer relationship with his Heavenly Father. I also know that he will help me in many ways. This experience has really taught me to trust in God and to know that I am where I am right now for a reason.

Something I have learned a lot over the last two months is that everyday we are going to be faced with trials and temptations, but that these trials and temptations we face are a blessing in disguise. Heavenly Father trust me to go through these things so I can learn a lot from them. As I go through them and trust God, He will help me and give me the strength and comfort I need to go through them. I know that my faith in Jesus Christ doesn't always make things easier but it does give me the hope that I know good things are to come. Through these and many more experiences I have felt the love of my Heavenly Father. I know He is there and is watching over us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's been really interesting to see how people have been placed in your life that need your support from what you have learned.
Just another testimony to me that our trials are no coincidence!