Friday, November 18, 2011

Tender Mercy from God!

Have you ever wondered why things happen the way they do?-- I do, all the time! I have come to the conclusion that God is there and has a lot to do with what happens in our life. Especially if you are praying and having that relationship with Him, He is then definately guiding it!

Story time! Before I left on my mission for 18 months I was in Idaho and then went home back to Alaska the weeks pior to when I was suppose to leave. I was planning on going to Utah the Friday before the Wednesday I was suppose to go to the missionary training center (mtc). My parents were coming with me and all my family in Idaho were going to meet us in Utah. Well things changed due to getting sick and I didn't actually go to the MTC until the Saturday after the Wednesday I was suppose to go.  Of course because of not going until then I was able to see my Brother Frank because he come home from Nome, AK to Anchorage on Monday. If I had left when I had planned to at first I wouldn't of saw him before I left.

In the moment I didn't notice that this was a tender mercy from God. That God knew what was going to happen and he blessed me with this opportunity to be able to spend time with my brother for a week before I left.
It wasn't until 6 motnhs into my mission that I realized what a great blessing this was. My brother dying was so hard for me and it still is sometimes, but I know that Heavenly Father knew it was going to happen and blessed me with the opportunity of seeing him before I left.

Serving a mission while dealing with this has its ups and downs, but overall it has been such a tremdous blessing because as I put the Lord first and serve Him I stop feeling sorry for myself and my faith in Him grows so much. The spirit gives me so much comfort in knowing that I will see my brother again!

I am so grateful for the tender mercies in my life! I am so grateful to know that God is my loving Heavenly Father and that he is aware of everything I go through and is helping me every step of the way!!

No comments: